Help in your home

Support for the elderly with rubbish collections

The local authority runs an assisted rubbish collection scheme where you, upon successful application, can be supported with your weekly bin collections. You can apply for an assisted collection if you are disabled or elderly and have trouble putting your rubbish out. Having an assisted collection means that your rubbish is collected from a location […]

How to get help and contact adult social care

If you need some help or are not sure what kind of help you need, you can call us and have a chat. We will do our best to guide you towards the right kind of support for you. You can call us on behalf of a friend or relative but we will need to […]

Assessing your care and support needs

If you have care and support needs and find it difficult to look after yourself, your local authority may be able to advise you and provide you with some help. The best way to get help from your local authority is to ask for a care and support needs assessment. You can do this by […]

Employing a personal assistant

A personal assistant is someone you can employ to help you if you need social care and/or healthcare support, either because of your age, disability or a condition you have. If you receive a direct payment, you may choose to employ someone to help support you with things you need help with, such as washing […]

Care services in your home

If you need help around the home, a good option is to have a care worker come in to your home to help you. Types of homecare Homecare comes in many forms and has many names used to describe it, including home help, care attendants and “carers” (not to be confused with unpaid family or friends who care […]

Article tags:

Help with meals

If you’re finding it difficult to go shopping or cook your own meals, or if your carer is not able to cook you a meal in the daytime, there are a range of services that can help you. Havering Council no longer provides a meals on wheels service, but do have information available regarding alternative […]

Getting a care and support package

The local authority can work with you if you have care needs. They will have a conversation with you about the things you need to help you live your life and to talk about the things you might be struggling with, such as personal care, environmental concerns and accessing the community. This conversation is also […]

Get in touch with us on: 01708 776770 (Select Option 2) or via online forms